Monday, May 17, 2010

Moved into the tent

So I am all moved into my tent now, and last night I slept out there for the first time. It was a little bit cold, but not too bad. It doesn't really get dark anymore, so that helps keep the temperature up. A few days ago Sharon, Teslin, Cory, Vanessa, and I went to Wiseman to visit the gift shop that is now open. I got a few postcards, and while we were there we borrowed a Yahtzee game that they keep in the Wiseman communtity center so we could play it later that night. Yesterday Sharon, Vanessa, and I walked down to the Koyukuk River and hung out for a while (and by "hung out", I mean we just sat there and skipped rocks for an hour). It's funny how we manage to find random ways to keep ourselves busy up here. Today we got another new co-worker, and we will be getting a few more by the end of this week. I just got back from a midnight walk with Teslin and Marshall, and while we were out we saw a mom and baby moose! We were able to get close enough to get a few pictures!!

No comments:

Post a Comment