Sunday, May 2, 2010

Bonfire!

It's official: I have been living in Coldfoot for one month! Last night we had a bonfire down by the Koyukuk River for one of the winter season co-workers that is leaving to go work at the Yukon River camp. The crowd was mostly co-workers, but some of the crew guys that are staying here joined us, and a couple that was staying at the Inn showed up. I had a great time getting to know the people I had never talked to, and I even got a chance to try some caribou that we grilled out. It was actually pretty good; it tasted like a healthier version of beef. We stayed out until it got completely dark, which doesn't happen now until about 1am. Today was back to the daily grind of work, which wasn't bad at all, because as long as I get all of my work done I can start whenever I want (well, for now anyway, until the busy summer season starts). It snowed again today, but luckily it wasn't cold enough for the snow to stick to the ground. I picked out the tent I will be staying in, and I will probably start moving my stuff into it next week. I'm actually looking forward to the tent experience. I have the day off tomorrow...I will talk to everyone again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment