Saturday, May 22, 2010

Busy week!

Sorry it's been so long since my last post, this week has been a little busy. The first Holland America bus with toursits arrives on Monday, so we have all been getting the camp ready for the guests and the crew guys. On Tuesday, all of the tour guides that work out of the Fairbanks office came to Coldfoot to get their orientation. They will be the ones that lead the tours that go from Fairbanks, to Coldfoot, and then to the Arctic Ocean or other destinations up north. We grilled out and all ate hamburgers and then had ice cream sundaes. We also have gotten a few new co-workers this week. Yesterday Brian (one of the new co-workers) and I went for a hike down the Chandalar trail. We brought 2 of the dogs with us, they ran with us the entire time. Today me, Vanessa, Sharon, Cory, Cory (new co-worker), and Kevin (new co-worker) all hiked the Chandalar trail together. We made it all the way to the lakes on the other side of one of the foothills. It was tiring, walking through lots of tussocks, but the view of the lakes was worth it. It has been pretty cold at night in the tents, but luckily I have a warm sleeping bag so it's not too bad. I definitely have put my sleeping mask to good use, because it's so bright in the tents at night. Tomorrow is my day off, so I will probably just relax and rest up from this busy week!

No comments:

Post a Comment