Sunday, May 30, 2010

First week of tour buses!

I thought that last week was busy, but this week we had even more work to do! Starting on Monday night, the Princess/Holland America tour buses started arriving. We had a new bus come each night this week, so everyone had to work longer hours. I managed to get out a few evenings to go for a run, but other than that, my schedule this week has mostly just been work, eat, watch tv, sleep. On Tuesday evening, Sadie and I went to help Chad bring one of the tour vans back from Wiseman after it had gotten dropped off for a river float tour. I got to drive the van back from Wiseman to Coldfoot...my first experience driving on the Dalton Highway! We had to wait for around a half hour in the road construction that is being done, but luckily Sadie had her computer with her for entertainment. The co-workers are no longer allowed to order an individual meal off of the menu, because the buffet is now out every night (and it's so much better than the regular menu). Who would've thought that a truckstop in Coldfoot, AK would serve things like glazed pork loin, spinach gratin, and baklava, just to name a few! The mosquitos are out in full force now; almost everyone has bug bites. Good thing I brought 100% deet bug spray, although even that doesn't work all of the time. Hopefully next week will bring a more interesting blog entry; I think after this week we will all be more used to the buses coming in and will get into a routine to get things done a little quicker.

No comments:

Post a Comment