Monday, April 19, 2010

This week at Coldfoot

Hey everyone! Thought I would give you my Coldfoot update. Nothing new is happening here, except for the snow starting to melt. Today the temperature got up to around 55 degrees! A lot of the snow is already melted, which is making everything really slushy and muddy. I'm glad I got a good pair of boots to bring up here, because I have to walk back and forth through the mud puddles everyday while I work. Yesterday I took one of the sled dogs for a walk along the trail. I haven't seen much wildlife since I've been here, but I did see 2 snowshoe hares on the side of the trail. They ran off before I could get a picture, but I'm glad I can at least say I have seen something. Sadie, one of the girls I work with, got to camp a few days ago. Her and I took two of the dogs for a walk earlier today. Since the snowing stopped the weather has been amazing, and it's nice to be able to get outside to walk. Other than that, I have just been relaxing, visiting the puppies, playing games of scrabble, reading, all of the usual stuff we all do up here. I can't believe I have already been here for 3 weeks; it feels like I just got here a week ago! The time is going by so fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment