Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Getting Settled in Coldfoot

This week I started my job here at Coldfoot Camp. Even though all I have been doing is cleaning rooms and helping with other random tasks around camp, it is actually not bad. The camp director (my boss) is extremely laid back, so he just lets me put my ipod on and work on my own all day so I don't have someone looking over my shoulder. Luckily there aren't too many rooms to clean yet, because the only group of people staying overnight right now is the camera crew from the TV show "Ice Road Truckers". At this point, I have also had a chance to meet all of the sled dogs around camp. They are all so sweet, and there are even 3 little puppies! It is now part of my daily routine to go visit the dogs after work. You always know when you are getting close to where they live, because the minute they hear someone walking in their direction, they all start howling. Me and some of the co-workers walked out to the road the other night to watch the Aurora, so I had a chance to see another good show. With the days getting so much longer now, it won't be long until the Aurora is gone for the season. Last night a bunch of us had a huge bonfire to celebrate someone's birthday, and afterwards, we all came inside and played a game of scrabble. I am having a great time with all of the people here, and I can't wait until the rest of the summer season co-workers arrive. I hear there will be about 15 more people showing up all throughout April. The snow is starting to melt during the day, so I can tell spring is almost here.

No comments:

Post a Comment