Thursday, April 15, 2010

More snow...

Well, I spoke too soon when I said it was warming up and we were all getting excited for spring. It has been snowing for about 5 days straight. I can't believe how much snow there is up here! I had mentioned maybe going for a sled dog ride, but we haven't been able to because the snow hasn't let up. I have been keeping busy with other things, though. Work is going great. I have met some interesting people. There are a lot of people staying here right now who are miners working on mines north of Coldfoot. There are also some crew members from the Alaska Department of Transportation who are going to be staying up in Coldfoot all summer to work on the Dalton Highway. There have been some tourists, but the majority of the vacationers will start coming in May. Today Cory (one of the co-workers) and I went on a hike down Chandalar trail. It was really pretty to see all of the snow that has fallen. We even made a quick stop to make some snow angels. The kitchen crew made us oreo cream cheese cake truffles today for dessert; they were so good! Teslin (another co-worker) and I went over to see all of the dogs again today. The puppies are starting to get so big. We let them play in the deep snow for a while; they loved it. It finally looks like the snow is clearing up tonight. In a few more weeks, the snow will probably start to melt, so I better take advantage of this last little bit of winter!

No comments:

Post a Comment