Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Fun with Lodge Cleaning

So I don't have anything too exciting to post today. I have been working the past few days, which is okay, because Sadie and I have found a way to make cleaning rooms and public bathrooms more fun. We had a little incident with the mop bucket today; I'm not sure how but we managed to tip it over and spill it everywhere. We cleaned some bathrooms that hadn't been cleaned in...well, a long time. I ended up with a soaking wet shirt and shower cleaner in my hair, but other than that, things went well. We checked out the tents today (the ones we will be living in once it gets a little warmer). They are actually bigger than I thought. I went for a run today because the weather was so nice. I ran along the side of the Dalton highway, because the hiking trail is still really muddy. This is the first day I have been able to wear shorts; it was so warm! The only downside of that is the mosquitoes. The mosquitoes here get really bad at the beginning of the summer, and I already saw like 5 of them today. Good thing I bought 99% deet bug spray before I got here. The kitchen made us chocolate chip cookies today, so I probably ate enough cookies to cancel out the calories burned on my run; oh well! Everything is going well, and I am loving every minute of being here!

No comments:

Post a Comment