Sunday, June 27, 2010

Picnic on the Beach

This weekend was pretty laid back, with lots of movie watching and sitting outside in the sun, although there were a few things everyone did as a group. On Saturday night, some of us walked down to the river and had a picnic. We loaded up some "to go" boxes from the dinner buffet and brought a blanket and some music down to the "beach". It was really nice to enjoy the beautiful summer night. Both yesterday and today I went on long walks along the river, just enjoying the scenery (and enjoying my time off work). Tonight Lindsey and I walked to Slate Creek. There is not much current there, and there is a perfect swimming hole near the Dalton Highway bridge. The sun was so warm this evening, we just couldn't let it go to waste. We put on our bathing suits, brought towels down, and jumped in. It was pretty cold, but not too bad. Now I can officially say I have gone swimming in Alaska!

No comments:

Post a Comment